Year 4/5 – St. Cecilia – Mrs Robinson
This term St Cecilia will be learning how to write a ‘Defeating the Monster’ story. Skills to improve description and sentence structure will be used to embellish their writing. In maths, we will be developing knowledge and skills in relation to place value.
Our topic for Autumn 1 and 2, is Earth and Space. The children will be learning all about the Solar System, the history of space exploration and ‘all things’ Space! Our artwork for Autumn 1 is based on Van Gogh’s Starry Night, and for Autumn 2 the children will be creating their own moon buggy in DT.
Year 4 will take part in bikeability and Year 5 will go swimming.
PSHE covers ‘dreams and goals’ whilst RE relates to Christianity. The children will enjoy music this term which celebrates the songs of Abba, undertake an 8 week mindfulness course and also improve their ICT skills.
Here is to a busy and successful term in St. Cecilia!
Mrs S Robinson
All children are expected to read regularly every week to an adult; each time they read, they will receive raffle tickets. When they have read 5 times, they will receive raffle tickets and a merit, which will count towards their house. Other prizes for reading will be given in class throughout the year.
Could you please ensure that your child brings their home/school planner in to school every day. Please feel free to write any comments in it.
Every Friday your child will bring their planner home which will have been signed by their teacher. This should be countersigned by the parent/carer and returned to school again on Monday morning. Children will receive a merit for planners that have been signed when returned on Monday.
ST.CECILIA – CLASS CHARTER
In Our Class we Believe That:
- Everyone has the right to feel safe
- Everyone has the right to learn
- Everyone has the right to show respect and be respected
- We have the responsibility to care for ourselves and others
- We must treat others and their belongings with respect
- We must display excellent manners and be considerate to each other
- We must support each other and learn together
- We must use an appropriate noise level during learning
- We must use positive language with others
- We should discuss our opinions and listen respectfully to those of others
- We must walk in the classroom and around the school safely and quietly
- We must give others their ‘own space’