8 January 2018
Happy New Year!
Children in St David have come back to school after the Christmas break with a great attitude to learning. This term they will be experiencing lots of new and exciting things in each subject. For example, in History, the WOW introduction to their new topic on the Ancient Greeks involves sampling Greek food! Art is also based on the Ancient Greeks; St David will be trying their hand at using the ‘Black Figure’ technique to design their own Greek pot. How wonderful!
Watch this space for your children’s thoughts and feelings on the things they will encounter this term and to see examples of their independent work.
All children are expected to read regularly every week; each time they read, they will receive raffle tickets. When they have read 5 times, they will receive raffle tickets and a merit, which will count towards their house. Other prizes for reading will be given in class throughout the year.
Could you please ensure that your child brings their home/school planner in to school every day. Please feel free to write any comments in it.
Every Friday your child will bring their planner home which will have been signed by their teacher. This should be countersigned by the parent/carer and returned to school again on Monday morning.
6R Classroom Rules:
1. Listen carefully to the teacher and others.
2. Treat others how you would like to be treated yourself.
3. Share your ideas with others.
4. Respect school property/equipment.
5. Be polite at all times and remember manners.
6. Be helpful and kind to everyone.
7. Use time wisely.
8. For safety reasons, walk in the classroom.
9. Keep all chair legs in contact with the floor.
10. Try your best at all times.