Class Blog – January 2019
Welcome back St David! I hope you had a lovely Christmas break and are now raring to go this half term! We are half way through Year 6 already and we still have a lot to learn: we will be finishing our English topic ‘A Christmas Carol’ and I will be introducing you to a new one – you will have to wait and see what it is! In History, we will be studying about The Anglo Saxons; in Art you will be learning about the famous artist Henri Rousseau and in Science we will be looking at Materials and their properties.
I am very much looking forward to teaching you and I know you will give 100%, as you are all superstars!
All children are expected to read regularly every week to an adult; each time they read, they will receive raffle tickets. When they have read 5 times, they will receive raffle tickets and a merit, which will count towards their house. Other prizes for reading will be given in class throughout the year.
Could you please ensure that your child brings their home/school planner in to school every day. Please feel free to write any comments in it.
Every Friday your child will bring their planner home which will have been signed by their teacher. This should be countersigned by the parent/carer and returned to school again on Monday morning.
1. Listen carefully to the teacher and others.
2. Treat others how you would like to be treated yourself.
3. Share your ideas with others.
4. Respect school property/equipment.
5. Be polite at all times and remember manners.
6. Be helpful and kind to everyone.
7. Use time wisely.
8. For safety reasons, walk in the classroom.
9. Keep all chair legs in contact with the floor.
10. Try your best at all times.