09 February 2018
Well another term has come to a close and the children are feeling very tired! They have achieved so much in such a short term! St David have continued to read and enjoy our vast array of new books in the library and are completely obsessed with David Walliams’ books.
Our English topic based on an award winning animation called ‘Soar’ has allowed children to learn about camera angles/shots and become film critics and journalists.
Our Greek food tasting went well, with children willing to try new things and our Greek pots in art turned out amazingly well! You can see from the pictures below that children have excelled! You are superstars St David; have a well-deserved rest.
I will see you after half term raring to go with some new and exciting topics plus the 500 Word Writing Competition.
All children are expected to read regularly every week; each time they read, they will receive raffle tickets. When they have read 5 times, they will receive raffle tickets and a merit, which will count towards their house. Other prizes for reading will be given in class throughout the year.
Could you please ensure that your child brings their home/school planner in to school every day. Please feel free to write any comments in it.
Every Friday your child will bring their planner home which will have been signed by their teacher. This should be countersigned by the parent/carer and returned to school again on Monday morning.
6R Classroom Rules:
1. Listen carefully to the teacher and others.
2. Treat others how you would like to be treated yourself.
3. Share your ideas with others.
4. Respect school property/equipment.
5. Be polite at all times and remember manners.
6. Be helpful and kind to everyone.
7. Use time wisely.
8. For safety reasons, walk in the classroom.
9. Keep all chair legs in contact with the floor.
10. Try your best at all times.