Class Blog – 4th September 2018
A warm welcome back to school and to Year 6 from myself and Miss Larkin! I am very much looking forward to getting to know each and every one of you in St David and can’t wait to teach you exciting new topics.
To start with in English, we will be studying an award winning animation by Pixar. In maths, with Mr Innes, you will be learning in greater depth about number. Our History, Art and DT topics will focus on Ancient Egypt; RE will study Islam not to mention PE, learning new skills and games; these are just a few new topics to get us started.
I can’t wait to launch our new reading challenges and competitions with prizes galore, alongside other interesting activities.
With your help and determination, we can make St David and Year 6 an unforgettable year!
All children are expected to read regularly every week; each time they read, they will receive raffle tickets. When they have read 5 times, they will receive raffle tickets and a merit, which will count towards their house. Other prizes for reading will be given in class throughout the year.
Could you please ensure that your child brings their home/school planner in to school every day. Please feel free to write any comments in it.
Every Friday your child will bring their planner home which will have been signed by their teacher. This should be countersigned by the parent/carer and returned to school again on Monday morning.
1. Listen carefully to the teacher and others.
2. Treat others how you would like to be treated yourself.
3. Share your ideas with others.
4. Respect school property/equipment.
5. Be polite at all times and remember manners.
6. Be helpful and kind to everyone.
7. Use time wisely.
8. For safety reasons, walk in the classroom.
9. Keep all chair legs in contact with the floor.
10. Try your best at all times.