St Peter’s C E Academy

Mountbatten Way

RAUNDS

Northamptonshire

NN9 6PA


Tel. 01933 622400


Registered Number:

7816548

(England and Wales)


© Graham Hanson 2017

Privacy Policy

Web site by Graham Hanson

Staff Login

Governors’ Login

In 1704 Thomas Teale the parish clerk was appointed to teach twelve children in the chantry of St Peter’s Church, Raunds. The funding for running the class was provided for by a legacy of £100 left in the will of Catherine Pepys. Classes continued to be held in St Peter’s chantry for 155 years, although the school was not referred to as St Peter’s back then. After being reorganized in 1823 under the national system, it was simply known as the ‘National School’.


The school moved into a purpose built building in 1859 which was sited on the corner of Manor Road and High Street. The cost of this new school was approximately £1400


With the opening of Council schools in Raunds around 1914, the school then became known as the ‘Church of England School’. It was not until the year 1981 that the school adopted the name of ‘St Peter’s C of E Junior School’.

After 133 years of service the school had gradually been outgrown. The huge increase in motorised traffic (which wasn’t around when it was built) and the location on a busy junction, meant that it also became quite dangerous for children entering and leaving the school.


The present school building in Mountbatten Way has been in use since February 1992 and was officially opened by the Bishop of Peterborough on Tuesday 9 June 1992. The Headteacher, Mr David Rockley relocated staff and pupils from the old school and served as Head until his retirement in December 2001.


In November 2013 the school converted to an academy under the sponsorship of Manor Learning Trust and is now known as

St Peter’s Church of England Academy.

School History

Home

St Peter’s Church of England Academy, Raunds.

Title

Name/ Initial

Surname

Year Started

Year Finished

Mr

John

Britten

1767

1807

Mrs

Susanah

Groom

1825

1860

Mr

T

Blott

1829

1849

Mr

T C

Shelton

1849

1854

Mr

R J

Bell

1854

1856

Mr

J

Fox

1856

1859

Mr

R H

Taylor

1859

1863

Mr

Joseph

Rigby

1863

1865

Mr

James

Howell

1865

1867

Mr

Chas

Snell

1867

1870

Miss

C

Cannon

1870

1872

Mrs


Shelmerdine

1872

1874

Mr

Jesse

Shelmerdine

1874

1893

Miss

A G

Shelmerdine

1893

1903

Miss


Judd

1903

1905

Miss

K G

Shelmerdine

1905

1911

Miss

K

Atkins

1911

1914

Mr

Frederick

Potter

1914

1915

Miss

W F

Gooding

1915

1917

Mr

A D

Rawlings

1917

1917

Miss

F V W

Darby

1917

1918

Miss

L M

Hull

1918

1935

Miss

F E

Hall

1935

1958

Mr

B

Ellison

1958

1980

Mr

David

Rockley

1981

2001

Mrs

Leah

Stirrat

2002

2012

Mrs

Linda

Brooks

2012

Present

Head Teachers Throughout the Years

Click for larger image Click for larger image

Hall Wall Plaques